The Nyanza Superfund Site – Environmental Protection Agency

The Nyanza Superfund Site – Environmental Protection Agency

"...From 1917 to 1978, the site was used to produce textile dyes, intermediates, and other products. Nyanza Inc. operated on this site from 1965 until 1978, when it ceased operations. Large volumes of industrial wastewater containing high levels of acids and numerous organic and inorganic chemicals, including mercury, were generated by these companies. Some of the wastes were partially treated and discharged into the Sudbury River through a small stream, referred to as Chemical Brook..."